Over the past several years, I have moved my practice away from having many weekly classes to taking yoga off the mat and bringing it into my every day life. I hope to carry the essence of yoga into community involvement, helping build community and working with others to make this world a better place to live. Thus, my schedule is not as detailed on the mat, but it has more depth when I include my full life activities.
A yearlong Yoga Intensive Training, starting fall 2019.
This will include:
Private lessons available:
4-Week Online Meditation Class: Exploring What Resides Within
Meditation is impactful! It can be one of the most significant enhancements to your well-being and is obtainable by every person on this planet.
Some of the benefits:
Yoga Off the Mat
Saugatuck/Douglas Rotary Club
Helping rebrand and rebuild 8 year old club to be a catalyst in the community.
Our Purpose: The Rotary Club of Saugatuck-Douglas is a local network of friends, neighbors, leaders, and problem solvers who unite to take action to build peace through service in our communities.
Our Vision: Together, we will be the leading local network for people to unite to take action to create positive lasting change in our towns, in our world, and in ourselves.
Our Mission: To lift and guide the next generation towards meaningful, flourishing lives through education, healthy lifestyles, leadership opportunities, and development of their full potential.
Helping preserve our planet for the next generation.
There is a great amount of work to be done to change humanity's direction so that our home - this wonderful hunk of rock called Earth - can sustain us for generations to come.
The world is an imperfect place and will remain that way, and I cannot change this on a national scale. I can, however, take this as an opportunity to become enlightened and slowly impact our local community. This is where my yoga background compels me to take action. When we all choose to make change within and then use that change to make our community a better place, then we can make this a better world.
Thus, I follow the Sierra Club and support their direction for sustaining the world we live in. I also have lobbied in Lansing, made donations, sent letters and emails to government leaders, and protested in Washington, DC, with my niece Sarah Shoemaker. I am willing to do what it takes as one living member of this world to make improvements.
Kids' Food Basket
Did you know that there's both a great deal of prosperity and a great deal of poverty all within Allegan County lines? The organization Kids' Food Basket is building a facility that will allow the community of Allegan County to respond to children impacted by hunger. They have a proven track record in Grand Rapids, Muskegon, and Ottawa County. They're working on building a facility that allows their volunteers to store future food, prepare food, pack food for sack suppers, and then deliver sack suppers to schools in the afternoons. This would allow hungry children to have a supper 5 evenings a week during the school year.
Our group of community members are building a volunteer base and raising funds to help and support Kids' Food Basket and their program that is feeding over 8,000 children each day in southwestern Michigan.
Ron's Past Activities
2016 Workshops & Trainings
Kripaluy Yoga in the Schools (KYIS)
On break for the summer....
For all ages, Thursday nights at Saugatuck High School Cafeteria.
Ron’s Personal Schedule, Guests Welcome:
Morning Sadhana on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, 6:30am – 8:00am
Visit the Kripalu website for more activities such as those listed here.
2015 Special Activities
2013 Special Activities
- Yoga Teacher: Saugatuck Public Schools, Grades 10, 11, & 12, twice a week in September, October, November, and December at Saugatuck High School
- Yoga Teacher: "Gentle Yoga" from 6-7pm at Saugatuck Public Schools Recreation Department
- Yoga Teacher: "Moderate Yoga" from 7:15-8:15pm at Saugatuck Public Schools Recreation Department
- Yoga Teacher: Saugatuck Public Schools Grade 6, twice a week in January & February; Saugatuck High School students on February 3
- Yoga Teacher: “Gentle Yoga” (including Pranayama & Meditation), Satya Yoga Studio, Saugatuck, Thursdays 6-7:15pm
- Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training 500-hr Certification MOD 2: Stockbridge, MA, Pranayama and Advanced Asana Training: Larissa Carlson, Yoganand, & Ron Assistant Teacher, Feb 20-March 1
- Yoga Teacher: “Yoga for a Better Back” Satya Yoga Studio, Saugatuck, March 21, 11am-1pm
- Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training 200-hr Certification: Stockbridge, MA
- Yoga Teacher Training: Jurian Hughes & Sudha (Carolyn Lundeen), Ron Assistant Teacher February 23-March 21
- Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training 500-hr Certification: Stockbridge, MA, Exploring Energy Body: Sudhir & Larissa Carlson, Ron Assistant Teacher June 20-29
- School of Art and Design of Chicago, Oxbowl campus Saugatuck, MI, “On the lagoon”: Group lessons June 3-August 28
2013 Special Activities
- Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training 500-hr Certification: Module Two, Stockbridge, MA, Exploring Energy Body: Sudhir & Larissa Carlson, Ron Assistant Teacher Mar 16-25
- Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training 500-hr Certification: Module Three, Stockbridge, MA, Tools for Transformation Devarshi, Vidya, Jovinna, Ron Student May 10-19
- Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training 500-hr Certification: Module One, Tools for Transformation Coby and Grace, Ron Student Aug 2-12
- Kripalu Yoga and Health Center, Stockbridge, MA, Immunity-Boosting Yoga Retreat Larissa Carlson & Ron Asst Teacher Oct 27-30
2012 Special Activities
- Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training 500-hr Certification: Module Two, Stockbridge, MA, Exploring the Energy Body: Sudhir & Larissa Carlson Ron Student March 15-24,2012
- Camp Bil-O-Wood: Two Month Long Retreat, Blind River, Canada, Yoga Teaching to Students July 17-19 2012
- Kripalu Yoga Center for Yoga and Health, Stockbridge MA, Ayurveda Study and Immune System By Larissa Carlson Ron Student August 23-26
- Kripalu Yoga Center for Yoga and Health, Stockbridge MA., Ayurveda & Immune System By Larissa Carlson Ron Assistant Teacher Dec 9-12
2011 Special Activities
- Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training 500-hr Certification: Module Four, Stockbridge, MA, Teaching Special Needs Students: Sudha: Ron Student, Nov 11-20
- Yoga Teacher: “Yoga for a Better Back” Satya Yoga Center, Saugatuck, March 12, 1-3pm